Image and video hosting by TinyPic " />
Image and video hosting by TinyPic " /> " />
Image and video hosting by TinyPic " /> " /> " /> " />
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

About Us

Green City Market

Monday, July 18, 2011
Hi! Taylor here. A couple of weeks ago, we all took a trip to Green City Market which is located right next to Lincoln Park Zoo. At this market, you get to meet local organic farmers who sell some of their food they have grown. We were able to taste edible flowers, broccoli grass, cherries, and wheat grass juice. When I tasted the wheat grass juice it was very sweet and minty. I was actually surprised. I was also able to try humus. It was a very weird texture, and had an odd flavor. Although I didn't like it, I was proud that I tried it. As lunch time approached, Keisha, Krystal, and I went looking for "regular" food. I remember me and Keisha saying, "Where's the organic Mcdonalds!?" We came across a place that was selling pizza. All three of us ordered a slice of cheese pizza. It was really good, the only thing that tasted different was the cheese. We also were able to try a fresh strawberry smoothie that was delicious. Overall, it was a really fun day and everyone enjoyed themselves. Keep coming back for more reflections about our experiences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment